We are committed to being your most trusted ally in your pursuit of health and well-being. Whether you're here to learn more about a health condition, research a medication, tap into one of our communities, or get tips for a healthier lifestyle, you're in the right place.
By visiting and interacting with our websites, we'll ask you to share certain information with us, as detailed below. We may share some of the information you share with us between our websites to provide you with the most relevant content and may use some of the information you share with us to serve you relevant advertising.
WHAT KINDS OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We receive information from or about you depending on the nature of your interaction with the Services. Depending on your use of the Services, information collected may include: name, email address, physical address, birth date, gender, health information, and browser or device information. The information collected by different activities is described below:
- Registering/Signing Up in the Services: In visiting or using our Services, We may collect your name, email address, physical address, birth date, gender, health information, and browser or device information when you choose to sign up for newsletters or sign up for an account on our Services.
- Transactions with the Services: When you submit an opinion or comment through the Services, contact Us, or register for more information regarding a product or services, you will be asked to enter information about yourself in order to respond to you or to complete your requested transaction.
- Emails and Using the Websites: We store details of your visits to the Websites (such as pages visited, browser details, your IP address) and your interactions with any emails that We send to you. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
- Promotions: From time to time, Healthyfactsonline may offer promotions, such as surveys or sweepstakes, on the Services. Such promotions may ask for your name, contact information, and/or other Personal Information in order to register you for the promotion.
- Social Media and Sharing: If you share an article, or post a comment or other content with a friend/contact, We will collect your friend's/contact's name. This information may be used for retargeting ads or combined with other data to present aggregated campaign insights. Occasionally, comments themselves may be anonymized and used in marketing materials.
- Device Information: We collect information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access our Services, depending on the permissions you've granted. We may associate the information We collect from your different devices, which helps Us provide consistent Services across your devices. This information may include: attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers; device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals; connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number, mobile ad ID, and IP address.
- Other Sources: We receive information about you and your activities on and off the Services from third-party partners, such as information from a partner when We jointly offer services or from an advertiser about your experiences or interactions with them. We may add this information to the information We have already collected from you in order to improve the products and services We provide.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use your information: (1) with your consent for the reasons that you provide such information, and (2) for the purposes set forth below:
To Provide and Enhance the Services: We use the information We have to deliver and enhance our services, including to personalize features and content and make suggestions for you on our Services.
Transactions: We use your Personal Information to process your transactions, to send you confirmations, to respond to your requests, and for any related communications.
Retargeting: We use your information to allow Us or third parties to deliver ads based on your interests on our Websites, affiliated websites or third-party sites.
Marketing: We use the information We have to improve our advertising systems so We can show you relevant ads and measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services. We may use your Personal Information for other marketing and market research purposes to learn more about our users. We will only contact you for direct marketing purposes in accordance with applicable laws. You may opt out of our use of your Personal Information for marketing, market research, or direct marketing purposes at any time by sending a rights request as set forth in the "Your Rights" section below.
Analytics: We may store details of your visits to our Websites and your electronic interactions with any emails that We send to you ("Usage Data") under a pseudonym (i.e. not under your name but under an ID number), including the pages you visited and services you used. We use such Usage Data to help Us learn more about our users' preferences, to be able to tailor our Websites according to your interests and preferences, to help Us address problems with and improve our site design, products, and services; to analyze trends and statistics; and to present content in the clearest and most friendly manner for you.
To Communicate with You: We use your information to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Services, and let you know about our policies and Terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact Us.
Other Reasons: We may use and collect Personal Information for any purpose associated with or related to the above purposes.